On the proceedings of annual international symposium on security held by Liberal Arts University (LAU) – University for Humanities
The symposium proceedings are a published version of contributions submitted by the symposium attendees.
This collection of papers contains the results of research efforts in the field of social psychology, HR-management, advertising and public relations, tourism and hospitality. They consist of the best reports made at the symposium “Wellbeing and Security in the Face of Social Transformations”.
The Proceedings come out annually and have ISBN.
In order to ensure high ethical standards in our publishing activity we are guided by international standards and the Russian Federation current legislation: guidelines developed by The Committee on Publication Ethics – COPE and norms of Chapter 70 “Author’s Right” of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation.
Guidance in the Selection of Manuscripts for Publication
An essential prerequisite for accepting a contribution is appreciation of the study attested in the course of blind reviewing. The following aspects are of importance:
- An academic novelty, originality and relevance: preference is given to papers that describe new results and conceptions, or provide new interpretations of already identified scientific problems;
- High academic level; diverse research methods; relevant academic sources; persuasive argumentation; clarity of the paper;
- A scale of research: preference is given to the settlement of high-profile academic tasks;
- A rich-in-content and adequate presentation of the results in the abstract, both in Russian and English.
The editorial team welcomes the publication of manuscripts written by authors from different countries.
Total or partial reprinting of the texts that have already been published is unacceptable.
The number of papers in each issue of the proceedings is defined annually depending on the funds available and the specificity of the symposium.
Papers that do not conform to the publication thematic issues or to text formatting requirements adopted for the current issue, or submitted after the announced deadline are not considered.
Editors commit themselves to pursuing principles of objectivity, justice; avoid discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, religion or political beliefs, ethnical or geographical background of the authors.
Editors bear responsibility for everything that is published in the proceedings.
Relationship with Authors
- The author submits a manuscript or a review in the format in line with submission requirements and deadline placed on the website under “For authors” for consideration of the Editorial board.
- Papers that do not conform to the publication thematic issues or to text formatting requirements adopted for the current issue, or submitted after the announced deadline are not considered.
- All papers are subject to blind reviewing.
- Based on the results of blind reviewing the Editorial board can take a decision to rejects the article; accept it in its current form; accept it on condition that the author introduces the recommended corrections;
- A decision to reject or accept a manuscript is based on expert evaluation of the paper scientific value, its originality, clarity resulted from blind reviewing;
The Editorial council provides the author with information about rejecting or accepting the article with or without changes;
- The decisions taken are not revised without a reason (changes in the Editorial board membership is not a good reason to revise the decision taken);
- Upon request of the authors of the rejected articles a written justification with a review (not disclosing the names and affiliations of the reviewers) can be sent so that the authors can use it to challenge the decision of the Editorial board;
- The author guarantees that he is a holder of exclusive copyright to the work to be published: the paper is original, and officially it has not been submitted to any other publications for copying or other purposes;
- The author guarantees that he has a permission to publish illustrations, interviews or other materials;
- The license agreement is signed with every author;
- The Editorial board takes all steps to ensure good in-print quality of the papers accepted for publication; copy editing and proofreading, typographical layout, quality of graphic design and printing.
- The editor assesses whether the submitted manuscript meets submission and formatting requirements;
- If the paper fails to meet these standards, the editorial board reserves the right not to review the given paper;
- The editor sends the paper (not disclosing the name and affiliation of the author) to two reviewers who are experts in a given field and with whom a tentative agreement has been reached on blind reviewing;
- Reviewers are informed about arrangements for blind review, evaluation criteria, ethical standards and rules covering confidentiality;
- Based on expert reviews the editorial board takes a decision regarding acceptance or rejection of papers for publication in the existing form or with the recommended revisions, and the authors are notified to this decision;
- The editorial board attempts to avoid conflict of interest throughout blind reviewing; in case of conflict of interests the reviewer is obliged to inform the editorial team and should choose not to review the paper;
- All reviews are available in the archive of the editorial team and can be provided upon authors’ request (the identities of reviewers are concealed).
Control of Malpractice and Ethical Violations
- In case of significant inaccuracies, false claims or deliberate distortions in the papers published, the editorial board should publish necessary corrections as soon as possible;
- In case the paper cannot be revised in this way, it should be removed and all readers and institutions engaged in scientific publications indexing will be informed;
- The editors are working to ensure that the materials published are in conformity with internationally accepted ethical standards;
- In case of suspected ethical violations the editors are obliged to undertake certain actions in regard to both published and unpublished papers;
- The editors should not only reject manuscripts suspected of ethical violations; they should initiate investigations of such cases;
- In the first place the editors should make an attempt to get a response from the authors suspected of these violations. If the response does not clear the author as a suspect, the editors should try to resolve the problem within their power or to appeal to the appropriate bodies.
All papers undergo blind reviewing (double blind peer review). Professionals in the fields of social psychology, HR-management, advertising and public relations, tourism and hospitality act as experts. The description of the reviewing process is given below.
Papers are published in Russian and English. Each article contains the title, the abstract and references in English, which makes the publication available for international audience.
The Editorial board responsibilities
- Meet the required high academic standards of a scholarly publication;
- Constantly improve the quality of the publication;
- Not to allow financial needs to influence intellectual level of the publication;
- If necessary, the editorial board is prepared to publish clarifications, retractions, apologies and revisions to the papers issued.
Relationship with readers
- Readers have open and free of charge access to the full texts of all articles published online;
- Readers are provided with the information about the authors of the papers published, their scientific degree, place of work and electronic address so that the reader can get in contact with the author;
- Readers are informed about the funders of the research and the project within which the research has been conducted;
- Total or partial reprinting and copying without indicating where the text (a quotation) or images come from is not permitted.